Well I have officially completed my first week here at good 'ole FOB Morales-Frazier. I have begun to get in the groove of things here. Some days I eat at the French DFAC (Dining Facility), some times I eat at the American one. There is always the Kapisa Pizzeria or as I like to call it the Kapizzeria. My team almost taken over for the new team. My job has kept me pretty busy, but it is nothing that I can't handle.
I have already begun to make some new friends with the local nationals (LNs) and the French. This deployment is definitely going to be a life-changing experience. I am proud to serve my country and honored to be part of re-building Afghanistan. I have had some tastes of Afghan food and even got to visit some of the bazaars. As you can see from my photos, Kapisa is definitely a diamond in the rough. Near the capital of this province is a natural phenomenon known as the walking sands. It is basically sands trickling out and piling out of a mountain that never runs out. If we had the time I wish that I could
have gone out to see this up close. The craziest thing about being here so far is the fact that the sun rises at 0530. So when I get up early in the morning I feel like a slacker. The sun also sets right around 1730. I don't know if it is because of winter, but when the sun sets...IT GETS DARK!!! The little red light that we have to use to see at night is not enough some times. There is constant construction going on so every day presents a new pot hole at night. It looks like we should be able to move into our permanent rooms by December. I don't really mind, but I would like to be able to listen to music (beyond the power of head phones) and I also would enjoy the added privacy. Nevertheless, I have gotten used to the living in an open bay area. So.... Inch Alla (God Willing) which is an expression used a lot here. There are more pictures on the slide show under the clock. I hope...I hope....
Stay Frosty,
JoJo

No comments:
Post a Comment