Monday, October 25, 2010

Mass in French

Well I am finally here at FOB Morales-Frazier and it is "very nice"(Borat Voice).  I was wondering if I was going to be able to go to church while deployed (because how many Catholic churches are in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan :-) )  But luckily the French have services.  It is part Latin, part French, but it is still the same schtuff.  Catholic does mean universal so I can take my ASB .  So I guess my cultural experience just got better.  Looks like I am going to be learning French and a little bit Latin (because I already knew some songs).  I will attach pictures of the FOB soon, but I am in the process of taking over for the guy that is currently doing my job.  Another thing about being here is that I get to eat at the French Dining Facility so it is pretty sweet. 

Stay Frosty,

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment