Sunday, November 7, 2010

They are called Shamalis!

Week 2 went by pretty fast...uncomfortably fast.  But I guess that means things are getting pretty normal here.  Here is a fun fact:  The indigenous people of Kapisa, Laghman, and Panshir provinces in Afghanistan are called Shamalis (pronouned like Shamaley)  MY PEOPLE.  :-)  Anyways.  I got two packages from Mom, Dad, and Nicole which is great.  I got a new downs blanket for my bed which came just in time because it is starting to get colder and colder here.  Props to Texas Tech for beating #12 Missouri.  I didn't even care to look at the game score (bc they suck this year) except that I had an email from a retailer trying to sell me a bragging rights T-Shirt.  So even though I live 12.5 hrs in the future...I  am still behind on some news in America.  Its funny how things that you get to monitor daily in the US like facebook get put on the back burner.  I hardly ever check fb unless someone sends me a message, or I get a birthday alert.  It also funny how us Americans use expressions "Like running around like a chicken with its head cut-off" which sums up my work day normally.  I told one of my linguists that I am like a ping pong ball and he said, "You are no a ball sir, You are a MAN!"  classic.  I also got my Kindle Back so that rocks my face off.  I can continue reading Becoming Batman.  (Then I might actually be able to complete the process and fight crime j/k) 

Stay Frosty,

JoJo


(If you are wondering about "Stay Frosty" watch Generation Kill)

No comments:

Post a Comment