So I bought a Kindle e-reader today. Let me tell you that it is fo-shizzle. I am not getting paid by Amazon.com for saying this, but this has to be the best reader out there. While I am in CONUS (Continental United States for those non-Military folks ;-) ) I get free 3G access (Thanks AT&T!!!) and it is Wi-Fi capable. It takes merely seconds for me to download a new book. I made sure to get as many books as possible so that I can't get bored on airplanes. You can download games for it too, but I am not really into that. The main reason that I went with the Kindle and not the Nook (by Barnes & Noble) is the free book selection and the fact that Amazon has converted some of my textbooks to Kindle format. So (ensh Allah) I can try to take some college classes if I have time. I only have three course and a disertation left for my Masters. I know I have really been slacking. Oh well. The only con that goes with the Kindle and other e-readers (except for the I-Pad, but thats not only an e-reader) is that there is no backlight. This means that you need a reading light at night. The plus side to that is that I have a month's standby on my Kindle. The book that I am reading right now is "Becoming Batman" I am about 30% done and will right about when I am finished. But it basically explores if it is scientifically possible for a human being to become Batman in a life time. Pretty Sweet huh? Stay Frosty,
JoJo
Well crap, my Kindle broke on the way there. Amazon is sending me a replacement free of charge. So that is good. I hope to get it by 8 November!
ReplyDelete-JoJo