Wow has it really been THIS long since I have notified my sports fans of my activities? Well it might be that I surprised most of you true believers with a triumphant return briefly last month. I have since returned back to Afghanistan for a couple more months to complete my mission. Let me tell you, I left at the right time. Not that anything bad happened, but because many of my tales of woe were eliminated during my absence.
The first and the best thing to happen was that we have a new cook!!! As you all know food is my motivation, and having a cook who hates his life made the food situation HORRIBLE. The new cook actually can cook spaghetti which is miles ahead of the last one. You know your on a Forward Operating Base when you have rice and meatballs and not spaghetti. The portions have also improved a little bit. Needless to say, food no longer ruins my day....everyday.
The second bastion of my existence was the distance it took to take a shower. (.75Km for those who haven't been reading). While I was WINNING in America (iPad review to come soon) the bathrooms in PRT village became fully operational. The toilets suck...but describing the problems with that would make even the guy from Dirty Jobs cry. I use the port-a-potties, so I really have no problem with the crappy (ironic adjective) toilets. The best part of the new bathrooms, is that the showers and laudry machines are SOOOOOO close. My exercise routine has only doubled because of this new development. They also laid out gravel in some parts of PRT village so the mud problem has gone from dismal to mere annoying.
The third improvement upon my return is that my frenemies are GONE from my life forever. For those who haven't been keeping up with my rants, this means that the wussy LT and his butt buddy COL protector have left Afghanistan! And not a day too soon.
These improvements will make the rest of my deployment a breeze. I was really glad to see as many friends and family members that I could during my mid-tour R&R. I feel really refreshed and ready to hit it hard (so to speak) and get back to the states and move over the AFSOC! Thats right, I got my new assignment with Air Force Special Operations Command! Go Army huh? Going on leave and talking with several of my other friends in the military and some Army guys really made me appreciate my stay here in Afghanistan. I am truly getting to do a once in a lifetime experience. Not many can say they patrolled a couple of villages in Afghanistan ;-) Anyways....I feel like I am monologuing so I will go ahead and stop. BTW, I am retiring "Stay Frosty".
WINNING!
JoJo
No comments:
Post a Comment