Thursday, March 17, 2011

They Finally Let This Peacock Fly!!!

Wow, so it has definitely been a while since I updated my blog.  I didn't forget about you sportsfans, I have just been receiving a lot of complaints about writing book reviews and solely book reviews.  So I probably won't be writing a lot about them anymore...Que Lastima!  


Have ya'll been wondering what has been going on my the Secret Life of JoJo?  If you haven't, then I don't care because you will learn about it anyways.  Since I have gotten down with my inner "nerd" lately, I must caveat that there are a lot of Star Wars references.

It did snow at least once more for a week.  (it actually stuck!!!)  That cancelled missions for a few days, but it didn't stop my job....sigh.  I at least got to feel like I was stationed on Hoth for a little bit.  Within a week it went from balls cold (an actual term that refers to temperatures plummeting to the point that canon balls cracked and became unservicable) to blindingly bright and hot.  I am a little bummed to see the winter leave Afghanistan because I have to ditch my cool AF issued fleece jacket.  You have got to believe me that it was pretty sweet.  

When the weather cleared I got to take a helicopter ride on a French helo.  I must say that flying through the mountains with the French was definitely an experience to remember!  They literally fly on the nape of the earth.  In Afghanistan, especially in Kapisa at the beginning of the Hindu Kush with all of the valleys makes the ride AWESOME!  It felt like I was bullseyeing womprats in my T-16 in beggars canyon back at Tatooine.

finally Finally FINALLY!!!!  (What the title of this blog is)  I get to lead some operations!  I had been complaining before about not being able to leave the base, but my prayers have been answered!  I get to go to another base in the province that is more remote and conduct some village atmospherics.  I get to go to some villages that have not seen the white man...or brown man...goldish man....what ever my skin tone since the Soviet war.  I am really excited for this opportunity and proud to be the first to do it!  Email will be the best way to get ahold of me for about a month or so, so don't forget to write.

Stay Frosty,

JoJo



No comments:

Post a Comment