I know, I know another Book Review. I finished this book a week and a half ago...its better than three weeks. Can you believe that I am actually already half way through another book by the time that I post this blog? But this post is about Steigg Larson's second book The Girl Who Played with Fire I was a little overwhelmed by how this book started (due to the violence) but this book really impressed me.
I am not going to go into too many details because I want ya'll to enjoy the book, but I can at least give a basic premise. This book continues pretty much where the last one left off. Most of the original characters are back and the new topic is human sex trafficking in Sweden and scum that proliferates it. Several new characters are introduced in the story to include detectives. These new characters added a new flow to the story, where in the The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo told the story from Blomkvist's and Salander's perspective, this book adds a third perspective through the investigation of the detectives. At times throughout the book, two paths may cross and they combine for a couple of chapters.
This book was more action oriented than the last book, and spent less time with the graphic details of human trafficking. As stated earlier, the book did start out harsh in the first chapter, but the pace quickly changed. These books (The Millenium Series) are definitely among my favorite books. Some books I pick up and flat out refuse to read. I definitely can't wait for these books to be made into the films (they already are in Sweden) by my favorite director David Fincher. Lisbeth Salander in my opinion is the Clarice Starling of the last decade (wow one more decade down). This is a must read for fans of thrillers and suspense.
No comments:
Post a Comment